Thursday, July 23, 2009

秀君軋一角(1)

Dear family,

Hi, how are you all doing? We want to send you our greeting from KC.

We're finishing up our 2nd week here at Intro to IHOP. During the first week, we went through classes that talked about IHOP and it gave us a clear understanding of what this house of prayer is, and how it started. It's amazing to hear their testimony.

Besides, I also found out that this Intro program is actually an internship, which they prepare us to be staff either here at IHOP-KC, or for some going back to their local church to begin a house of prayer. That means they give us a schedule of a full time staff with a sabbath day off on Monday. For the rest of the 6 days, our schedule are full like a full time job. That won't be an big issue for anyone but me with 3 young kids. They go to a 3 hour class in the morning when we go to our class and weekend services, but for the rest of the afternoon, they're with us. In the prayer room, in the debriefing, in the afternoon teaching time, they're with us. We have to rush them to get going again with a 1 hour lunch break for all the food preparing and feeding and cleaning. That's a challenge. The 1st week was really hard for me, with boxes still unpacked in the basement and a full schedule that I wasn't used to, and challenge to keep all 3 kids with me in prayer room/class when they weren't in their own class.

Praise God that the second week is going much better. Jerry and I work out a schedule. Our lovely team leaders talked to us last week and show us their understanding of our circumstances and difficulties with 3 kids. They give us grace here and there. Instead of 10 minutes after to be considered absent for the rest of the day (doesn't matter if we are on-time for the rest of the meeting that day), they give us 15 minutes. That takes off a lot of pressure from us, even though we're still able to make it ontime. We're getting better at it now, seizing every moment we have and not wasting a minute here and there. It is amazing how this on-time issue has helped us to use our time more fully and wisely than ever before.

My heart is so touched everytime I hear my children singing the apostolic prayers. Instead of saying things like power ranger, transformer, skywalker, Jadi...things they learn from their little friends which I'm not familiear about, now, they sing the apostolic prayers at home. I think that was amazing! The power of words also apply to kids.

This week we sat through mother wound and father wound classes. I've been through a lot of inner healing... this time, I'm still being blessed by sitting through the classes. This man, Tom Cole, shared with us how during his childhood he built up a wall between him and his father because of the coldness of his father towards him; but after God walked him through the healing process, he realized that his father actually did love him in many other way, but he couldn't feel it at all because of the wall he built; and God helped him to take off the wall and his relationship with his father has been improving since. I was very touched with his sharing and during the ministry time, God showed me how much my earthly father loved me and sacrificed for me, though all these years I didn't even notice. Now I esteem my father and I respect him, which in the past, I despised him. I remember telling Jerry long time ago that I've forgiven my father, but I still look down on him but I coudln't explain why. Now I know and I overcame. Praise God!

One time during ministry time, in my thought, I asked God for forgiveness because I think I'm such a bad mom... then a woman came to pray for me and she said "you're a good mom." God took that lie and accusation away from me through the sister's prayers.

There's one sweet testimony from Donna Cole and Tom Cole (taught mother wound and father wound). They told us how they speak words of blessing to their kids, and everyday express how grateful they are that God gave them as their children. I found myself doing the same thing when we go home. I'd look into my children's eyes, one child at a time, and say how I'm so grateful for them, and I point to their tummy and say "Look, so many gifts from Father in heaven, peace, love, joy, deligence, prophesy....." I can just see the joyful smile springing up from their inner being, and they just enjoyed that moment, and they'd joined with me in saying good thing about themselves. That became a very sweet moment for me and my children.

As many of you know, I totally love the time at prayer room. Our leaders told us we can also do our assignments and reading when we're in the prayer room, or read the Bible besides joining them in singing and worship and prayers. But this morning, I can't do my own thing, for 2 hours, I'm singing and praying along with the worship on stage and 2 hours were like 10 minutes. It's wonderful. Often time the prayer and worship here bring revelation to the words of the Scripture. There's one phrase being repeated many time this morning, "You have stolen my heart away with one glance of your eyes". Yes, whenever we look at God, that one glance, bring so much joy to our Jesus, and we 'steal' His heart with just one glance. My heart is drawn to him even more and more when I understand more of his love for me and his joy over me.

There is this Jewish man who came to teach. He shared with us his testimony. He was 3 months in his mom's womb when his mom was being taken to the death camp during halaucaust. He described all the pain and sufferings that the people went through at death camps, and he even showed us pictures. Even after he came to the America, the traggic continued because that was the time of discrimination against black (his step father was a black soldier and his step sisters were black.) That broke our hearts to see how cruel they were being treated. As he said, he kept asking "Can you forgive them?" He did. When God encountered him, he was saved and he gave his life to Jesus and he forgave all those who hurt him and his people. This was an intense class. My personal sufferings are nothing compared to his.

I want to praise God for a wonderful small group we're in. They are so nice and they make us feel belonged, even though we're Asian and they're all white american.

I just want to take this time to share with you the many blessings we're enjoying here. Thank you for all your love and prayer and support for us. I pray for you that through our sharing, you'll somehow be blessed too. Here is the link to Jerry's blog, http://jerrychowatihop.blogspot.com/ in case some of you haven't seen it, he is a much better writer and communicator than I am, for God has made him with anointed mouth to speak and skill to write. Though I'm not as gifted in that area, I'd still like to write you whenever I get a chance. You may forward it to whomever interested but not in my list. As you know, I've deleted most of my e-mail address due to the virus last time.

May God bless you with the heavenly blessing and shower you with his grace everyday.

love,
Siew

3 comments:

  1. hahaha so cute :) so this should be, jerry & siew chow at ihop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Siew. So good to hear from YOU! Thanks for your sharing of what's going on in IHOP and in your heart! Very touching! I know God has a great plan for you and your family! Don't take any lies from the enemy. You are a wonderful mom, wife, friend, sister in Christ, worshiper, prayer warrior, and most importantly HIS wonderful bride! You are blessed, your husband is blessed, and your children are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Siew,

    This is Ida from Hong Kong. I just read a couple passages of Jerry and your blog. I just want to tell you that i'm so blessed for getting a chance to read through your sharing. I feel like i learned alot from you and Jerry. Like the way how we remind the kids of God's grace, how Jerry changes his view of the IHOP gospel sharing by locking door of each house(in the latest passage). It also changes me too.

    Thanks for your sharing for they are so touches my heart.

    love you and takecare,

    Ida

    ReplyDelete